Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Best and worst trade from Wednesday, March 9th, 2011

Still kinda ailing, so sorry if this is a bit wonky:

My LNG trade was both my best and worst trade. It was good as I got in a on a real mover and made some serious gain, but left a lot on the table by not scaling out correctly in the secondary breakout. I got greedy, thinking it might keep running. In retrospect, the first sell might look like the most egregious, but most trades do not run like this one, and selling a third right away is a 'bread and butter' trade, make some quick gain in case it collapses back on itself, like many do. My scaling was fine for the first run, but again, the secondary scaling was terrible, as I thought I could maximize gains by letting it consolidate again and breakout again. It just faded the rest of the day. I should have kept tightening and got out in the break in at least the 8.50 area, and my last stop out should have been what was actually my next to last. Still, good one to be in.

Another plus is that this was a bounce play on a nasty sell off from the day before. I usually don't play these, and now I am not sure why and will look more. Half our trading room was in this play, and thanks to Cath for being the first to mention it on Tuesday, so it was on all our radars today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early winner/loser in 5g, Ericsson ERIC, Nokia NOK

I like to start collecting stock tickers for after the new year, stocks that have been beaten down and window dressed more than they deserve...