Thursday, January 27, 2011

Best and worst trades from Thursday, January 27th

Very active day for me, and a good day. Successful entries in EAT, ADTN, VRX, NVLS (swing leftover from yesterday), CCME (best trade), EEE. Got in and out of HE, CAT, ATPG (biggest money loser), CRUS (worst trade) and GLUU.

Yesterday after the Fed I felt that big money was waiting to hear the announcement to give the all clear signal for the coming months. Today felt decidedly stronger in the earnings gaps. There were some real winners I watched but missed, like SWK and CRUS (ouch). This idea may not be right, but it worked for me today, let's see how tomorrow goes.

The CCME trade was different as I only got filled about 1/3 of what I wanted. The trigger price minute candle moved .50 cents, and I use limit order (I know, I know, but I have my reasons, and it will take time to convince me otherwise, but this is one vote for market orders). So I let the position cook a all day, and the stock just kept climbing and was probably almost as profitable as if I had got a complete fill and scaled out (lame justification). It was just lucky to get this steady climber.

So, CCME and CRUS, best and worst, click away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Early winner/loser in 5g, Ericsson ERIC, Nokia NOK

I like to start collecting stock tickers for after the new year, stocks that have been beaten down and window dressed more than they deserve...