Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Best and worst trades from Tuesday, January 25th

Well, after a fantastic first week of January it has been slow going for me, which is fine, but boring. It is hard to be patient sometimes. Today was emblematic of the past week, with some great trades and some stinkers; a Jekyll and Hyde day.

My best trade was GLW, not because it made me the most money (I had a wonderful trade in PRGO today) but because it was an earnings gap buy on pullback, and pullback buying is not necessarily my strength. I have watched the pattern form so many times now that I was very confident in the trade, even with the retrace it took after my entry.

There are also notes in the worst trade of the day, WBS, click on the charts to make them bigger/readable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Early winner/loser in 5g, Ericsson ERIC, Nokia NOK

I like to start collecting stock tickers for after the new year, stocks that have been beaten down and window dressed more than they deserve...